ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A REWARDING & FEEL-GOOD CAREER IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?
West Coast Music School was founded to challenge traditional music education, a concept that has been positively embraced by various communities across the metropolitan area.
WCMS is passionate about the benefits of a tailored approach to music education. We put a heavy emphasis on ensuring each student is nurtured and guided on a music journey tailored to their dreams, goals and needs. We are currently urgently looking for:
North Beach (Thursday 3:45-6:15, Saturday afternoons + more days should you wish)
Butler & Currambine
HOW YOU WILL CHANGE THE GAME:
As an instrument music tutor at West Coast Music School you will:
- Guide students of various skill levels and ages through their personalised and tailored music journey;
- Create and execute fun and interactive lesson plans using innovative and outcome oriented teaching methods;
- Work within a close-knit team to constantly improve the music education we provide;
- Engage in goal setting to ensure progress and growth in both your students and yourself;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- The ability to critically think whilst conducting lessons, and use this to guide your tailored approach to each individual student;
- Have excellent communication skills - keeping everyone in the loop at all times;
- Being on the ball and aware of what is going on at all times - don’t let anyone fall through the cracks;
- Being comfortable in thinking outside the box when it comes to your teaching; and
- The drive to go the extra mile - every single time.
- Teaching experience is desirable but not always a necessity. You must be able to demonstrate a passion for education and music.
SCOPE FOR GROWTH:
West Coast Music School offers a unique scope for growth within our company. Should you wish, you will be given the opportunity to increase your working hours from causal afternoon hours to fuller days, take on leadership roles and even grow to a management position running your own studio!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Enjoy the ‘risk-free’ music tutor life, spending your time on what you are most passionate about: teaching, having security of hours and your schedule looked after for you. You could earn a highly competitive wage of up to $35/hr PLUS super PLUS a Samsung Tablet PLUS 2GB data/month (and other groovy bonuses, too!)
Our teachers are serious game changers and committed to making a positive change in music education. This position is not suited to those who are looking for a 'quick buck'. We pride ourselves on providing our students a high level of continuity with their teacher, so if you are looking for a job for a few months, please do not apply.
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you think you are the right fit for this position.