CURRENTLY SEEKING PERMANENT TEACHERS TO JOIN OUR GROOVY TEAM
West Coast Music School was founded to challenge traditional music education, a concept that has been positively embraced by various communities across the metropolitan area.
We are seeking team members to help us create and implement a more holistic music education syllabus that encourages student’s to embrace their individuality instead of disempowering them. We are looking for teachers of the following instruments who will service the Northern Suburbs in term 2:
- Junior Piano Teacher: North Beach (Mondays + opportunities for more days), Yokine (Thursday & Friday), Butler (Tuesday)
- Junior Violin Teacher: North Beach (Monday ,Tuesday Wednesday, PLUS relief work for most of Term 2 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays), Yokine (Thursdays), Currambine (Tuesdays or Wednesdays)
HOW YOU WILL CHANGE THE GAME
Our team is currently made up of 14 talented musicians with various backgrounds and teaching experiences. They are all passionate about pushing music education into modernity whilst shifting society’s perception of musicality to a more positive one. As an instrument music teacher at West Coast Music School you will:
- Guide students of various skill levels and ages through their personalised music journey;
- Create and execute fun and interactive lesson plans using innovative and outcome oriented teaching methods;
- Work within a close-knit team to constantly improve the music education we provide;
- Be open to continuous personal and professional growth.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The ability to critically think whilst conducting lessons, and use this to guide your tailored approach to each individual student;
- Having excellent communication skills - keeping everyone in the loop at all times;
- The hunger to provide first-class education to all your students;
- Being on the ball and aware of what is going on at all times - don’t let anyone fall through the cracks;
- Being an A-league team player;
- Being comfortable in taking risks with your approach to music education;
- Aiming for continuous personal growth - be your best you; and
- The drive to go the extra mile - every single time.
Our teachers are serious game changers and committed to making a positive change in music education. This position is not suited to those who are looking for a 'quick buck'. We pride ourselves on providing our students a high level of continuity with their teacher, so if you are looking for a job for a few weeks, please do not apply.
We are firm believers that everyone has to start somewhere, so regardless of your experience, apply now! You’ll be glad you did!
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you think you are the right fit for this position.
Salary Details (dependent on age and experience): $20.00 - $32.00/hr + Super & groovy bonuses along the way